Pail sizer units are highly effective at improving molding cycle time. Martin Automated Systems manufactures pail sizers for both square and round pails. The pail sizers are water-cooled, and the expanding jaws are machined from hard anodized aluminum or optional heat treated stainless tool steel and use Turcite bearings.
- Pails are conveyed up to two pin stops, positioning the pail directly under the expanding mandrel,
- The pail is then pushed up onto the expanding mandrel
- Two additional pin stops are actuated, preventing upstream pails from entering the system,
- After the pre-set expansion hold time, the core is collapsed and the pail is lowered to the conveyor,
- The pin-stops under the expanding mandrel retract allowing the pail to exit. Then the hold back pin-stops retract, which allows the next upstream pail to be processed.
- While the hold back stop is retracted a second hold back stop is extended, thus preventing other upstream pails from entering.
- The expanding mandrel is manufactured from hard anodized aluminum or optional heat-treated mould steel (Stavax)
- Water cooled
- The core is expanded by means of a wedge, driven by an 8” diameter air cylinder.
- The amount of expansion is controlled by an adjustable barrel style stop
- Timing parameters of the machine are settable by means of a small HMI
- A Siemens PLC is used to control the unit
- Guarding to be compliant with OSHA
Power 240 or 480VAC 1PH
Amperes 15 AMPS
Air Supply 100 PSI
Ready for a quote?
Ready for a quote? Contact us today!
Need our Parts and Repair Requisition Form? Click here!
102-17941 Roan Place,
Surrey, BC Canada V3S 5K1
Phone: (604) 576-6000
Fax: (604) 576-6097
Martin Automated Systems’ plant is in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. Located in Surrey, a suburb of Vancouver, we are a 45-minute drive from Vancouver international airport (VYR) and a 15-minute drive from the Pacific Highway border crossing.