Wire Handle Installer
A system that installs premade metal handles into pails at a rate of upto 1150 parts per hour. The handle in-feed system consists of two linear vibratory feeders and a walking beam mechanism. Handles are loosely placed onto the linear feeder by hand. The handle in-feed system feeds handles into the main indexing area.
Operation summary of main indexing machine
- The oriented pails are conveyed to the pick and place and then placed into the pockets of the indexing conveyor
- Pail orient station to orient the handle lobes
- An oscillating arm transfers a handle from the walking beam feed and positions it over the pail
- The handle is then pushed downwards, over the pail, locating the button of the handle that it is aligned with the hole in the lobe
- A small air cylinder ram then installs the handle
- The handle confirmation station with two sensors confirms the installation of the handle
- Pails with confirmed handles will be stacked upwards, rejected pails will continue to a reject area
- Confirmed pail stacks are accumulated on the stack accumulation slide
- Siemens PLC and HMI
- Excessive handle swing is eliminated by use of guide rails and a handle track built to the shape of the handle
- Fitted with an electrically and pneumatically interlocked guard made to OSHA standards
Ready for a quote?
Ready for a quote? Contact us today!
Need our Parts and Repair Requisition Form? Click here!
102-17941 Roan Place,
Surrey, BC Canada V3S 5K1
Phone: (604) 576-6000
Fax: (604) 576-6097
Martin Automated Systems’ plant is in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. Located in Surrey, a suburb of Vancouver, we are a 45-minute drive from Vancouver international airport (VYR) and a 15-minute drive from the Pacific Highway border crossing.